The Next Morning: This picture was taken this morning (12/29/22) and shows the remains of The Mason Jar restaurant after burning down the night before.
The Mason Jar Restaurant, 200 South Point Drive on Wednesday night
Restaurant Totaled by Fire, LIVINGSTON, December 29, 2022 - At approximately 10:40 pm on December 28, 2022, Livingston Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to 200 South Point Drive where a commercial building fire had started. The building was the restaurant, The Mason Jar (formerly Popping Smoke Barbecue). The fire appeared to have started in the kitchen area. Witnesses said there were employees cleaning when the fire started and that they evacuated the building. The fire appeared to have spread to the attic of the building (which is difficult to get to). Within minutes the roof of the building was engulfed in flames. By all appearances, the entire interior of the restaurant burned as the roof slowly caved in. Livingston was assisted by Scenic Loop and Onalaska VFDs. Additionally, the Livingston Police Department was at the scene. There were no reported injuries. This fire will be under investigation by local authorities.
Other Restaurant Fire Related Stories from Years Past...
Smoke billows from the kitchen area of The Mason Jar Restaurant.
The fire spread to the attic area of the building. Within minutes, the roof was engulfed in flames.
Roof and dining room engulfed in flames.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the story subject in the subject line of your email, also list your name and town in your letter. Your letter will be posted in Letters to the Editor.