Fire at Timberwood Nursing Home Laundry Room, LIVINGSTON, August 9, 2008 - At approximately 10 pm on August 8, 2008, a fire broke out at the Timberwood Nursing Home laundry room. The Laundry room is disconnected from the main building and no residents of the nursing home were in any danger. The fire broke out when an industrial clothes dryer caught fire. The fire activated the sprinkler system, which did its job in helping to douse the flames. Two fire engines from the Livingston Volunteer Fire Department showed up with a handful of firemen, including Livingston Fire Chief, Corky Cochran. Heavy Smoke filled the laundry building as firemen took control of the situation. Once the flames were put out, the fire department brought a large powerful fan to clear out the smoke from the building. The sprinkler system, however, continued to shower water down on the dryer, and the one next to it. Both dryer units' mechanical and electrical workings were showered in water for at least 30 minutes. The units cost upwards of $5,000 - $8,000 dollars each. Nursing home administrator Doug Taggart said that the damage to the laundry room will not affect the daily lives of the residents, and that they'll continue with their day to day activities as normal. Taggart also stated that they'll do whatever they have to do to ensure that the laundry operations are carried out without interruption.
Front of 2 industrial clothes dryers.
Backside of both units getthing showered by fire sprinkler system.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Your name will be listed with your comment when it's posted in the comment section.