Motor Home Fire on Highway 59, LIVINGSTON, February 3, 2008 - An elderly couple lost a motor home to fire on Highway 59 late Sunday afternoon. At approximately 5:30 pm on February 3, 2008, a vehicle fire was reported on Highway 59 North just South of Baskin's Department Store. According to the owners of the motor home, Alice and Raymond Watson of Livingston, Mr. Watson was pulling the motor home with a wrecker as his wife, Alice, followed in a pickup truck. Mrs. Watson said that the motor home got a flat tire, and though she tried to signal her husband Raymond, who was pulling the motor home, she was unsucessful in conveying the message to him. Sparks started to shoot out from the friction of metal on pavement and a flame ensued. When Mr. Watson realized there was a fire he pulled over to bring the rig to a stop. The wrecker was safely disconnected from the motor home and moved away from the fire that quickly consumed the motor home. Deputies from Polk County Sheriff's Dept., and firemen from the Livingston Volunteer fire Department came to scene. One lane of 59 North was shut down as firemen worked to put out the flame. Volunteer firemen doused the flame and were gone shortly after 6 pm. Fortunately, nobody was injured in the mishap.