There was a storage shed there: Smoldering remains are all that's left of a 30 year old cedar storage shed.
Trash Burning Ends Up Taking Out Storage Shed and Damaging Mobile Home, SCENIC LOOP, December 4, 2010 - The Scenic Loop Volunteer Fire Department reacted quickly to a fire call and saved someone's home. The mobile home located at 403 Tomahawk Trail near FM-3126 caught fire after someone was burning grass and trash. The fire got out of control and burned down a cedar storage shed that was reportedly around 30 years old. The fire spread to the mobile home and caused internal damage. The quick reactions from the Scenic Loop VFD saved the home as there were able to get inside and extinguish the flames that had smoke billowing from the roof, walls, and windows. It is not known to PolkCountyToday.com if the owners had insurance.
Scenic Loop Fire Chief Donald Marlow says: If you're going to burn something, rake around your pile BEFORE you start burning to keep you fire from spreading, have a water hose nearby and ready to use, stay with your fire until it's finished burning, only burn what is legal to burn, and don't try to burn a pile that's too large to manage.
Special thank you: Stash Anderson, and Ken from Ken's Towing
The fire made its way to the mobile home (visible in background).
Smoke was coming coming out from the walls roof and windows. Some damage is visible at bottom of home.
Saving the home from being burned down put fire fighter Terri Mayer in a good mood.
The Scenic Loop VFD sent several trucks. Livingston Fire Chief Corky Cochran stopped by to help.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Your name will be listed with your comment when it's posted in the Letters to the editor.