A resident was burning trash and lost control sparking a large grass fire.
Resident Burning Trash Sparks Grass Fire, SODA, October 18, 2015 - Shortly after 2 pm on October 18, 2015, Livingston VFD was dispatched to a residence off of Tom Cummings Road (near 190 East) in reference to a large grass fire. Firemen were able to quickly put out the grass fire before it caused any property or forest damage. Additionally, Deputy Terry Valka with the Polk County Sheriff's Office was dispatched. As it turns out, a resident was burning trash and lost control of his fire. The resident, Jeremy Michael Yates, 25, of Livingston, was cited by Deputy Valka for violating the county wide burn ban.
Deputy Terry Valka cited 25 year old Jeremy Michael Yates for violating the county wide burn ban.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the story subject in the subject line of your email, also list your name and town in your letter. Your letter will be posted in Letters to the Editor.