Faulty Fan Sets Mobile Home on Fire, SCENIC LOOP, July 26, 2009 - Shortly before 3 pm on July 26, 2009, a neighbor across the street from 226 Nottingham Drive in Scenic Loop spotted smoke coming from the mobile home. The neighbor called 911 and the Scenic Loop Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the scene along with Polk County Sheriff's Deputies Terri Mayer, Randy Turner, and Richard Delaney. A mobile home, once on fire can be engulfed in flames within 3 minutes. A quick reaction from the Fire Department led by Chief Donald Marlow saved the home from certain destruction. According to Chief Marlow the only damage to the home came to the bathroom where it is believed that a faulty ventilation fan started the fire. Marlow stated part of the ceiling in the bathroom had to be torn out in order to fully extinguish the fire. The fire was out well before 3:30 pm. The owner, Amy Pullara and her kids were safe and unharmed in the incident. The home is still safe enough to live in according to Marlow. Pullara did not have home owner's insurance.
A special thank you to Assignment Editor Stash Anderson and Ken from Ken's Towing.
Scenic Loop Firemen were on the scene in less than 5 minutes after the fire was reported.
Deputies Terri Mayer (left) and Richard Delaney investigate.
This electrical device is believed to be the culprit.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Your name will be listed with your comment when it's posted in the Letters to the editor.