Quick Response from Livingston Fire Department Saves Leggett Home from Certain Destruction, LEGGETT, March 19, 2008 - At approximately 6 pm on March 19, 2008, a fire was reported from a house off of FM 942 in Leggett, Texas. The owner of the home, Aruslab Brito, 37, and his wife Milagro (and other family) moved into the home about 5 months ago from Florida. Brito and his family are Cuban Americans and resided in Florida for 17 years before moving to Leggett. The Livingston Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the scene and was able to save the home from certain destruction. The fire started in between the roof and the ceiling around the chimney when Brito got the fireplace going because the house was chilly. Four pump trucks from LVFD arrived and a surplus of volunteer firemen including Livingston Fire Chief, Corky Cochran and Commissioner Tommy Overstreet, and Polk County Sheriff's Deputy, Rob Thomas. Smoke was billowing out from in between the roof and the ceiling as the fire was concealed between the two. The firemen had to cut into the roof and the ceiling in order to get water to the source. The flame was completely doused before 7 pm.