Damaged Utility Pole Sparks Fire at Saw Mill, Causes Power Outage, LIVINGSTON, February 17, 2013 - A damaged utility pole at the CLW saw mill off US-146 (next to Red Barn Builder's Supply) sparked a sawdust fire late Sunday afternoon. Livingston Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched to the scene to douse the fire. Power was lost at the CLW plant and reportedly all power was lost along US-146 all the way to Escapees RV Club. Power was restored a short time later but repairs to the damaged utility pole are still pending. At time of press, CLW still doesn't have power. The repairs (to be carried out by SHECO) can only take place once the sawdust is removed from around the utility pole. The pole was reportedly damaged sometime earlier when it was struck by CLW equipment.
Special thank you: Livingston Volunteer Fire Department
Firemen from Livingston put out a sawdust fire at the CLW sawmill off US-146. The damaged utility pole (pole pictured at right) sparked the fire.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Be sure to specify which story. Your name will be posted with your comment in Letters to the Editor.