Trucks from Scenic Loop and Livingston VFD's a 348 Bending Oaks in Memorial Point Subdivision.
Mother and Kids Lose Everything in Morning House Fire, SCENIC LOOP, January 27, 2016 - At approximately 6:40 am on January 27, 2016, Gillian Brusky, 46, of Scenic Loop left to take her children to the bus stop for school. She was gone less than 5 minutes. When Brusky returned, her sofa was engulfed in flames. She went for her water hose, but it wasn't working. In the meantime she called 911. Trucks and men from Scenic Loop and Livingston Volunteer Fire Departments were dispatched to her home at 348 Bending Oaks in the Memorial Point Subdivision. Firemen were able to put the fire out, but the home was totaled. Nobody was hurt. The fire is believed to have been caused by a space heater that was probably knocked over. Brusky owned the home free and clear. Brusky and her children lost everything and did not have homeowners insurance.
Scenic Loop Fire Chief, Donald Marlow communicates with his men.
Livingston Fire Chief, Corky Cochran (center foreground) watches as firemen douse the flames from totaled home.
The garage was still standing, but was totaled nonetheless.
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include the story subject in the subject line of your email, also list your name and town in your letter. Your letter will be posted in Letters to the Editor.