This travel trailer off Old Israel Road was raided by narcotics detectives on May 7, 2011.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office has been investigating several tips in reference to the distribution of methamphetamine in the Polk County area. These tips have led Detectives to places such as Gator RV Park and most recently a travel trailer residence located off Old Israel Rd. On May 7, 2011, during the late night hours Constable Piper, Detectives and Patrol Deputies with the Polk County Sheriff's Office approached a travel trailer to conduct an investigation when a white male later identified as Levi Carr (from the Point Blank area) took off running from the residence and was apprehended a short distance later by Detective Randy Turner. The other Officers on scene secured the area and the radio traffic, radioing that a suspect attempted to flee on foot. This prompted Texas Parks and Wildlife Officers, Constable Bill Cunningham and other Deputies to converge on the scene.
A search warrant was obtained for the residence and during the search a large quantity of methamphetamine was located inside. Methamphetamine was also located outside (on the ground) and on a several of the suspects at the residence. Additionally, officers located a 22 rifle, one alligator and prescription medications inside the travel trailer. The subjects arrested at the scene are listed below:
- Jason Reeves of Livingston was arrested for unlawful possession of a firearm by felon and manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance.
- Charles Odom of Livingston was arrested for manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance and was cited for possession of an alligator.
- Jessica Jackson of Livingston was arrested for manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia and cited for possession of an alligator.
- Stephen Hix and his brother Anderson Hix of Livingston were arrested once again for possession of methamphetamine (both have been previous suspects arrested at the horse stables at the Livingston State Park for manufacture/delivery of methamphetamine).
- Levi Carr of Point Blank was arrested for evading arrest.
- Christina Knighton and Crystal Heeth of Livingston were not arrested at the residence but both subjects are currently being investigated by a regulatory agency and that agency has been notified of the presence at the residence. Crystal Heath was also another subject arrested at the Livingston State Park Horse stables for possession of a controlled substance.
Lt Lowrie added that not all tips received by the Sheriff's Office turn up a crime but he adds approximately 90% of the tips received do. Lt Lowrie further stated that a tip could be about the distribution of some type of illegal drug in Polk County and when the investigation is concluded the subjects could have just been arrested for marijuana possession which is common due to most people, not all, but most people who use drugs illegally often use multiple types of drugs, as was the case at Gator RV Park where detectives went to the residence to investigate methamphetamine distribution and found marijuana and methamphetamine. Lowrie pointed out that all tips get investigated (some more than others) and that it depends on the seriousness of the threat to the Polk County citizens. Distribution is a factor, and over all traffic in and out of the subdivisions where honest people have chosen to live and raise their families. "We are lucky to have four Detectives assigned to the Polk County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Division where most cities or counties have none" said Lowrie. Lowrie also said that he is very proud of the Detectives in the division and the work they do for the Sheriff's Office and the citizens of Polk County.
Special thank you: Lieutenant Andy Lowrie and the Polk County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Investigators
Levi Carr, 21, of Point Blank: Evading arrest
Jason Reeves, 31, of Livingston: Unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance
Steven Hix, 31, of Livingston: Possession of methamphetamine
Anderson Hix, 32, of Livingston: Possession of methamphetamine
Charles Odom, 28, of Livingston: Manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, possession of an alligator
Jessica Jackson, 19, of Livingston: Manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, possession of an alligator
Crystal Heeth of Livingston: Under investigation
If you would like to comment on this story, we'd love to hear from you. Your name will be listed with your comment when it's posted in the Letters to the editor.